Ben Frost, Demdike Stare, Lone, Emeralds, and More to Play Second Annual Unsound Festival New York in April
- Words: Patric Fallon
Poland's premiere forward-thinking electronic/experimental music festival Unsound will make the trip overseas again this year for its second installment of Unsound Festival New York. Along with support from the Polish Cultural Institute in New York and the Goethe-Institut New York, the Unsound Festival planning team will unleash a barrage of live performances by excellent musicians, DJs, producers, and bands between April 1 and April 10. Included in this year's list of performances are Lone (pictured above), Dorian Concept, Emeralds, Raime, Chancha Via Circuito, Kink, Demdike Stare, and a massive piece called "Music For Solaris"—which was composed for 29 string players, two percussionists, prepared piano, guitars, and electronics, and will feature film manipulations from Brian Eno and Nick Robertson—by Ben Frost and Daníel Bjarnason. Many more artists will perform, there will be seminars and panel discussions, and other music- and culture-related goings on will soon be announced. Keep an eye on this website for further developments. You can check out some footage of performances from last year's festivities below.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player