Blackdown Interviews Jamie xx
Dusk + Blackdown member, Rinse FM host, and Keysound label-head Martin Clark continues to speak volumes inside and outside of London's UK bass underground, his Pitchfork column a sine qua non for exposing progressive sounds to the precious, hipster elite. But like a good neighbor, Clark always finds time to connect with the artists he favors as a friend, this time sitting down with Jamie xx (pictured above). Coming off his official remixing of Gil Scott-Heron's entire 2010 album, I'm New Here, Jamie sat down with Clark to discuss how XL Recordings' Richard Russell tapped him for such an extraordinary request, and some updates on his upcoming solo work in 2011. Read the interview here and check out the official video for Jamie's remix of Scott-Heron's song "New York Is Killing Me" below.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player