Check Out a.d.l.r's "Supreme Sunlight" Video, Live Video Webcast This Thursday
- Words: Patric Fallon
Easily one of the first things to come to mind when settling into a smooth, ethereal ambient album (or track, for that matter) is space. Whether it be travelling through space or just floating in its vacuous environs, the feeling of what those experiences might be like can often seem tantamount to the music itself, and as made apparent by this space-friendly music video for LA sound sculptor a.d.l.r. (a.k.a. Nicholas Morera), we're certainly not the only ones with dreams of interstellar travel. Director Kim Asendorf pairs tweaked clips of what looks like NASA stock footage with the pulsing thuds and vaporous synthscapes of "Supreme Sunlight," resulting in a lovely and entrancing effect. The song itself comes from a.d.l.r.'s brand-new album for Non Projects, entitled Foam on the Waves of Space-Time..., which is out now. To celebrate the record's release, Anenon, yuk., and Leaving Records boss Matthewdavid will join Morera for a video webcast of live performances this Thursday from 1 p.m. until 4 p.m. PST. You can check out more info on that shindig here.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
XLR8R Downloads Player