Check Out a.d.l.r's "Supreme Sunlight" Video, Live Video Webcast This Thursday
- Words: Patric Fallon
Easily one of the first things to come to mind when settling into a smooth, ethereal ambient album (or track, for that matter) is space. Whether it be travelling through space or just floating in its vacuous environs, the feeling of what those experiences might be like can often seem tantamount to the music itself, and as made apparent by this space-friendly music video for LA sound sculptor a.d.l.r. (a.k.a. Nicholas Morera), we're certainly not the only ones with dreams of interstellar travel. Director Kim Asendorf pairs tweaked clips of what looks like NASA stock footage with the pulsing thuds and vaporous synthscapes of "Supreme Sunlight," resulting in a lovely and entrancing effect. The song itself comes from a.d.l.r.'s brand-new album for Non Projects, entitled Foam on the Waves of Space-Time..., which is out now. To celebrate the record's release, Anenon, yuk., and Leaving Records boss Matthewdavid will join Morera for a video webcast of live performances this Thursday from 1 p.m. until 4 p.m. PST. You can check out more info on that shindig here.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player