James Pants Announces New Album on Stones Throw
The Spokane, Washington-based James Pants has a new album coming in April on his long-time label, Stones Throw, which, if the two released so far tracks are any indication, is sure to find the singer/songwriter/producer exploring new sonic territories. The forthcoming self-titled LP is said to be partially inspired by the fictional Washington town and David Lynch creation Twin Peaks, which, in Pants' words, means the new album will contain "more noise and wailing guitars" than his previous releases. It sounds like somewhat unfamiliar stylings for the life-long jazz drummer whose previous outings were characterized by heavy beats and healthy doses of electro-funk, but we'll be curious to hear the results when the LP drops April 19. You can listen to "Darlin'", a track from Pants' forthcoming album, here and check the album artwork and tracklist below.
02. Every Night I Dream
03. Clouds Over The Pacific
04. A Little Bit Closer
05. Strange Girl
06. Screams Of Passion
09. Body On Elevator
12. These Girls
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Flying Lotus, Hard Wax, SBTRKT and More
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
XLR8R Downloads Player