Mi Ami to Drop First 12" as a Duo
- Words: Patric Fallon
- Photo: David DeRidder
San Francisco's Mi Ami lost one of its three members to other pursuits not too long ago, leaving founding members Damon Palermo and Daniel Martin-McCormick to soldier on into the next phase of their dubby, punky, dancey, post-whatevery musical outfit. Well, that new phase has come a lot sooner than we expected with the announcement of Mi Ami's forthcoming 12" EP, Dolphins. Set for release on March 15 via Thrill Jockey, the four-song EP is purported to be "A melting, dystopian refraction of left-field new age, lush soundscapes and Italo daydreams." The press release continues, "Simultaneously ingesting and rejecting pop pleasure, wide-eyed optimism and modern despair, it is equal parts improvisatory winging it and forceful, fully-realized vision. Blurring the line between the tainted and the sublime, Dolphins is the sound of a band thrillingly re-imagining itself." It also promises a lot less ferocious guitar and thundering drums, and a lot more Roland 707. Sounds good to us. You can check out the artwork and full tracklist for Mi Ami's new EP below.
01. Hard Up
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player