Mi Ami to Drop First 12" as a Duo
- Words: Patric Fallon
- Photo: David DeRidder
San Francisco's Mi Ami lost one of its three members to other pursuits not too long ago, leaving founding members Damon Palermo and Daniel Martin-McCormick to soldier on into the next phase of their dubby, punky, dancey, post-whatevery musical outfit. Well, that new phase has come a lot sooner than we expected with the announcement of Mi Ami's forthcoming 12" EP, Dolphins. Set for release on March 15 via Thrill Jockey, the four-song EP is purported to be "A melting, dystopian refraction of left-field new age, lush soundscapes and Italo daydreams." The press release continues, "Simultaneously ingesting and rejecting pop pleasure, wide-eyed optimism and modern despair, it is equal parts improvisatory winging it and forceful, fully-realized vision. Blurring the line between the tainted and the sublime, Dolphins is the sound of a band thrillingly re-imagining itself." It also promises a lot less ferocious guitar and thundering drums, and a lot more Roland 707. Sounds good to us. You can check out the artwork and full tracklist for Mi Ami's new EP below.
01. Hard Up
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player