R.I.P. Trish Keenan of Broadcast
- Words: Patric Fallon
Today, on the Warp label's website, it was announced that Trish Keenan, the singer of electronic psych-pop outfit Broadcast, died today after battling a severe case of pneumonia. The statement posted on the website reads, "It is with great sadness we announce that Trish Keenan from Broadcast passed away at 9 a.m. this morning in hospital. She died from complications with pneumonia after battling the illness for two weeks in intensive care. Our thoughts go out to James [Cargill], Martin, her friends, and her family, and we request that the public respect their wishes for privacy at this time. This is an untimely tragic loss and we will miss Trish dearly—a unique voice, an extraordinary talent, and a beautiful human being. Rest in peace." We had the opportunity back in 2009 to talk Keenan's bandmate Cargill about the duo's last project together, Broadcast and The Focus Group Investigate Witch Cults of the Radio Age, which you can watch here. In remembrance, we've also put a couple of our favorite Broadcast songs below. We wish the best for all of Keenan's relatives and loved-ones during this terrible time.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- NewsListen to a New Track from Teebs' Upcoming Sophomore LP
XLR8R Downloads Player