R.I.P. Trish Keenan of Broadcast
- Words: Patric Fallon
Today, on the Warp label's website, it was announced that Trish Keenan, the singer of electronic psych-pop outfit Broadcast, died today after battling a severe case of pneumonia. The statement posted on the website reads, "It is with great sadness we announce that Trish Keenan from Broadcast passed away at 9 a.m. this morning in hospital. She died from complications with pneumonia after battling the illness for two weeks in intensive care. Our thoughts go out to James [Cargill], Martin, her friends, and her family, and we request that the public respect their wishes for privacy at this time. This is an untimely tragic loss and we will miss Trish dearly—a unique voice, an extraordinary talent, and a beautiful human being. Rest in peace." We had the opportunity back in 2009 to talk Keenan's bandmate Cargill about the duo's last project together, Broadcast and The Focus Group Investigate Witch Cults of the Radio Age, which you can watch here. In remembrance, we've also put a couple of our favorite Broadcast songs below. We wish the best for all of Keenan's relatives and loved-ones during this terrible time.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsHear a New Remix from Joy Orbison
- NewsSBTRKT Releases Interactive Video for "Look Away"
- NewsStream a Track from Locked Groove's Upcoming EP
- GearArtist Tips: Addison Groove Shares Five of His Production Secrets
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player