Stream the New xxxy Single on Ten Thousand Yen
- Words: Shawn Reynaldo
Last year, UK producer Doc Daneeka launched his own label, Ten Thousand Yen, and began releasing a five-part series of limited-edition 10" singles from acts like Venom & Damage, C.R.S.T., and Julio Bashmore. Next week, the final chapter of that series will arrive, courtesy of Manchester-based beatmaker xxxy. The record officially drops on January 24 and is available for preorder now, but for the curious/impatient folks out there, both tracks from the single are streaming below. Both "You Always Start It" and "Ordinary Things" find xxxy playing with pitch-shifted vocals, washy synths, and videogame-esque blips to glorious effect. Give them a listen below, and also take a look at the artwork.
The XLR8R Music Player requires Adobe Flash Player version 9 or later.
Click here to install.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsDefected Announces Masters at Work Anthology
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player