Video: Blondes "Virgin Pacific"
- Words: Patric Fallon
One of our favorite qualities of the kind of expansive, warm psych-house that Brooklyn duo Blondes makes is the feeling of transportation that each of the outfit's lengthy sonic journeys deliver. In fact, we love it so much, it helped land the pair's Touched EP in our list of favorite releases from 2010. So, it's wholly appropriate that the closing track from that record, "Virgin Pacific," is treated to a music video made of footage of flying through the air over a number of locales. Director Camilla Padgitt-Coles edits together blurry aerial shots, seemingly projected from a television screen and filmed from a parasail or hanglider, for her piece. As the video progresses, we find ourselves travelling through the clouds for its final few minutes, an apt visual representation of the sounds featured in Blondes' accompanying song. (via Altered Zones)
- NewsWatch the Video for Clark's "Riff Through the Fog"
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
- NewsMaya Jane Coles to Helm Next Fabric Mix Album
XLR8R Downloads Player