2562 Announces New Album
Back in January, we let you know that the Berlin-by-way-of-Holland producer 2562 had launched his own label, When In Doubt. Now, with its first release (a 10" single from the label head himself) only a few days behind it, the imprint has announced it will release a new LP from 2562 in the form of a disco-inspired concept album entitled Fever. That's right, the master manipulator of all things low-end has made this new record drawing inspiration from the underground disco music of the mid-'70s and early '80s, going as far as to solely use sound sources that originated from disco records of the time to craft the songs for the record. However, according to his press release, the 11 tracks found on Fever in no way resemble their decades-old sound sources, even garnering a comment from low-end cohorts Martyn and Pinch, "Sorry, but I don’t hear that whole disco story in there. This simply sounds like you." When you're 2562, that's probably a good thing. Fever will be released April 4. Check the artwork and tracklist below.
01. Winamp Melodrama
04. Aquatic Family Affair
06. Flavour Park Jam
07. This Is Hardcore
08. Brasil Deadwalker
09. Final Frenzy
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player