Hessle Audio Co-Founder Pangaea to Release New Single
- Words: Glenn Jackson
Hessle Audio co-founder (along with Ben UFO and Pearson Sound/Ramadanman) Kevin McAuley (a.k.a. Pangaea) has a new 12" single slated for release later this month on his own label. The "Inna Daze" b/w "Won't Hurt" single is said to find the veteran producer exploring "his own take on UK bass music." Considering Hessle Audio has been on the cusp of forward-thinking house, dubstep, and UK bass music since its inception, we can only imagine that this single will further the imprint's well-deserved reputation. Although we can't share any audio from the forthcoming release, below you'll find a stream of Pangaea's track "Deviant," from his 2007 single for Hessle, which will have to hold you over until "Inna Daze" b/w "Won't Hurt" drops on February 28.
- FeatureLabels You Love: The Top 20 Labels, As Voted by XLR8R Readers
- NewsLegowelt and Willie Burns Launch Bizarre Online TV Show; Watch the First Episode Now
- NewsCheck Out a New Mix from Mount Kimbie
- NewsListen to Huxley's Upcoming Debut LP, 'Blurred'
- FeatureLabels We Love: 10 More of Our Favorite Labels, Plus Some Newcomers Worth Watching
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
- October 20: MUTEK.MX with Andy Stott, The Bug, Roman Flügel, Objekt, Laurel Halo, Oneohtrix Point Never, and More
- November 5: Club to Club with Caribou, SBTRKT, Recondite, Marcel Dettmann, Clark, Vessel, Luke Vibert, Jacques Greene, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player