Julio Bashmore Set to Release 'Batty Knee Dance' on Martyn's 3024 Label
- Words: Stefan Nickum
Very few of the UK-bass brethren have frog-hopped labels like Matthew Walker (pictured above) a.k.a. Julio Bashmore. First for San Francisco's renowned Dirtybird label, then on remix outings for Night Slugs, PTN, and Tres Cool, Bashmore is now releasing his next EP, Batty Knee Dance, on Martyn's 3024 imprint on March 28. Considering he just released his Everyone Needs a Theme Tune EP in January, it's easy to see that Bashmore's studio work ethic is resulting in an intriguing variety of soundscapes. Check clips of the EP's three tracks (the third is a digital exclusive), and the eye-popping cover art is featured above, designed by 3024's in-house artist/creative director Erosie.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Flying Lotus, Hard Wax, SBTRKT and More
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
XLR8R Downloads Player