LCD Soundsystem to Play Final Concert at Madison Square Garden in April
On April 2, DFA label head James Murphy and his LCD Soundsystem will join the likes of The Arcade Fire, Jay-Z, and Rammstein with a headlining performance at the legendary Madison Square Garden in New York City. Sadly, this landmark concert will also be the band's last. The show is billed as LCD Soundsystem: The Long Goodbye, a three-hour, career-spanning performance that will feature Murphy with his band of DFA staples—Gavin Russom, Tyler Pope, Nancy Whang, Pat Mahoney, Al Doyle, and Matt Thornley—with an additional choir, string and horn sections, special guests appearing throughout the night, and the iconic Liquid Liquid opening the whole affair. Apparently, LCD Soundsystem and the other performers will be adhering to a strictly black-and-white dress code, and ask that those in attendance do the same. So, if you've got a tux or a little black dress handy, go ahead and grab yourself a ticket on February 11, here, and no matter what you've got on, you can watch some live clips with anticipation, below.
- GearIn the Studio: Surgeon
- GearKuvo: What Is It, How Does It Work, and Is It a Good Idea? (a.k.a. an XLR8R Interview with Pioneer About Its Newest Product)
- GearAsk the Experts: Vladislav Delay
- NewsWatch a Documentary on the Club Music Culture of Colombia's Caribbean Coast
- NewsWatch a Live Performance of Jacques Greene's New Single
XLR8R Downloads Player