LCD Soundsystem to Play Final Concert at Madison Square Garden in April
On April 2, DFA label head James Murphy and his LCD Soundsystem will join the likes of The Arcade Fire, Jay-Z, and Rammstein with a headlining performance at the legendary Madison Square Garden in New York City. Sadly, this landmark concert will also be the band's last. The show is billed as LCD Soundsystem: The Long Goodbye, a three-hour, career-spanning performance that will feature Murphy with his band of DFA staples—Gavin Russom, Tyler Pope, Nancy Whang, Pat Mahoney, Al Doyle, and Matt Thornley—with an additional choir, string and horn sections, special guests appearing throughout the night, and the iconic Liquid Liquid opening the whole affair. Apparently, LCD Soundsystem and the other performers will be adhering to a strictly black-and-white dress code, and ask that those in attendance do the same. So, if you've got a tux or a little black dress handy, go ahead and grab yourself a ticket on February 11, here, and no matter what you've got on, you can watch some live clips with anticipation, below.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- Feature20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- PodcastMaxmillion Dunbar
- MP3Son of Sun "Feel Like I Feel (John Daly Remix)"
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player