LCD Soundsystem to Play Final Concert at Madison Square Garden in April
On April 2, DFA label head James Murphy and his LCD Soundsystem will join the likes of The Arcade Fire, Jay-Z, and Rammstein with a headlining performance at the legendary Madison Square Garden in New York City. Sadly, this landmark concert will also be the band's last. The show is billed as LCD Soundsystem: The Long Goodbye, a three-hour, career-spanning performance that will feature Murphy with his band of DFA staples—Gavin Russom, Tyler Pope, Nancy Whang, Pat Mahoney, Al Doyle, and Matt Thornley—with an additional choir, string and horn sections, special guests appearing throughout the night, and the iconic Liquid Liquid opening the whole affair. Apparently, LCD Soundsystem and the other performers will be adhering to a strictly black-and-white dress code, and ask that those in attendance do the same. So, if you've got a tux or a little black dress handy, go ahead and grab yourself a ticket on February 11, here, and no matter what you've got on, you can watch some live clips with anticipation, below.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- MP3Desto "Healing (Alternate Take)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player