Moby to Release New Photography Book and Accompanying Album, Download Free EP Now
- Words: Patric Fallon
Coming in early summer, the one-time king of rave music (you remember our podcast, right?) and one of electronic music's few household names, Moby, will release a double whammy on his eager masses, a brand-new album that comes packaged in a book of original photos from the artist. Destroyed (pictured above) will be released on May 17 via Mute, and will feature 128 pages with 55 photographs taken by Moby around the world, along with the album, of course. The record was produced on old analog equipment and mixed by Ken Thomas (Sigur Ros, M83) on a 1972 Neve analog mixing desk taken from Abbey Road Studios, and is meant "to be listened to in its entirety and, preferably, as it was made; late at night when your city has gone to sleep." Before that chunk of goodies comes out, the superstar DJ/producer invites you to download a free EP, called Be the One, which contains tracks from his new album, via the widget below. You can also watch videos for some of those fresh jams here, and check out some upcoming exhibitions of Moby's work below.
May 9th - National Geographic ‘Music on…Photography’ – Washington D.C.
May 11th - Clic Gallery Art Opening and Book Launch – NYC
May 12th - Brooklyn Museum ‘Discussion with Moby’ – Brooklyn
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player