Pioneer Announces DJM-900nexus
- Words: Glenn Jackson
We’re not usually too keen on posting every bit of breaking gear news here at XLR8R, but when Pioneer announced the next generation in its DJM mixer lineage, one that is said to improve upon the DJM-800 which has been more or less the industry standard for the better part of five years, we thought it’d be worth informing the masses. We present the DJM-900nexus (pictured above), a four-channel 96khz/24bit mixer that comes equipped with an array of high-quality “sound color” and beat effects to ensure your mixes are of the highest quality. It appears Pioneer has been listening closely to the demands of the DJ community in developing this new mixer, adding some new effects such as a Space Reverb, Dub Echo, and a side-chaining, pitch-shifting sampler dubbed Melodic among others. The new mixer also comes completely compatible with Native Instruments’ Traktor software, which can connect to any Traktor-equipped computer via a single USB port. There are plenty more new features worth wrapping your mind around which you can check out over at the Pioneer’s site and get a quick taste of what the new mixer is capable of by watching the DJM-900nexus preview video over at DJ Sounds.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player