Svarte Greiner, Prins Thomas Orkester, Todd Terje, and More to Play Oslo's By:Larm Fest This Month
Each year the By:Larm Festival, now hosted in Oslo, Norway, puts its (and the rest of Scandinavia's) best foot forward, hosting some of Northern Europe's brightest new musical faces. 2011 will prove no different, with the likes of newcomers such as Bergen's Put Your Hands Up for Neo-Tokyo and Telephones sharing stages with established acts like The Concretes and Peter Bjorn and John. Of particular interest to us is the debut performance by space disco king Prins Thomas' new Orkester live performance, as is Type Records' stalwart Svarte Greiner (pictured above), who performs on February 17 at club Blå. On top of three official nights of shows, running between February 17 and 19, plenty of industry-type panels will populate the festival's daytime events, with the likes of Cocteau Twins' Simon Raymonde, Crass' Steve Ignorant, and 4AD visualist Vaughan Oliver (a.k.a. v23) all fielding questions from moderators and audience members. Tickets for By:Larm, along with full schedule information, are available here.
Mungolian Jetset performing at By:Larm 2010.
- NewsWatch the Video for Clark's "Riff Through the Fog"
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
- NewsMaya Jane Coles to Helm Next Fabric Mix Album
XLR8R Downloads Player