Video: How To Dress Well "Suicide Dream 2" and "Suicide Dream 1"
- Words: Patric Fallon
Love Remains, the touching and visceral debut album by Brooklyn's lo-fi-obsessed R&B experimentalist How To Dress Well, didn't quite make it onto our year-end favorites list for 2010, but that's not to say we weren't avid fans of artist Tom Krell's shattered ethereal pop. We even had the opportunity to premiere HTDW's music video for the lovely "Ready For the World" cut, and now we're pleased to give you two more clips for "Suicide Dream 2" and "Suicide Dream 1." Like Krell's first video, these two smooth and entrancing pieces were directed by Jamie Harley. In "2" you'll find close-up shots of women seemingly mourning from inside a television, while "1" features what appears to be the plunge of a person on fire into a body water shown in reverse. Make sure to catch those two videos above and below this text, and if you haven't yet, check out the re-release of How To Dress Well's Love Remains, which is out now via the Tri Angle label.
- NewsCheck Out Caribou's 'Essential Mix' for BBC Radio 1
- NewsListen to Slam's Upcoming 'Reverse Proceed' LP for Soma
- FeatureLabels You Love: The Top 20 Labels, As Voted by XLR8R Readers
- NewsLegowelt and Willie Burns Launch Bizarre Online TV Show; Watch the First Episode Now
- NewsStream a New Track from Om Unit's Upcoming EP for Metalheadz
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
- October 20: MUTEK.MX with Andy Stott, The Bug, Roman Flügel, Objekt, Laurel Halo, Oneohtrix Point Never, and More
- November 5: Club to Club with Caribou, SBTRKT, Recondite, Marcel Dettmann, Clark, Vessel, Luke Vibert, Jacques Greene, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player