Video: How To Dress Well "Suicide Dream 2" and "Suicide Dream 1"
- Words: Patric Fallon
Love Remains, the touching and visceral debut album by Brooklyn's lo-fi-obsessed R&B experimentalist How To Dress Well, didn't quite make it onto our year-end favorites list for 2010, but that's not to say we weren't avid fans of artist Tom Krell's shattered ethereal pop. We even had the opportunity to premiere HTDW's music video for the lovely "Ready For the World" cut, and now we're pleased to give you two more clips for "Suicide Dream 2" and "Suicide Dream 1." Like Krell's first video, these two smooth and entrancing pieces were directed by Jamie Harley. In "2" you'll find close-up shots of women seemingly mourning from inside a television, while "1" features what appears to be the plunge of a person on fire into a body water shown in reverse. Make sure to catch those two videos above and below this text, and if you haven't yet, check out the re-release of How To Dress Well's Love Remains, which is out now via the Tri Angle label.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsAvalon Emerson Gives Away Remix and Edits Collection
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player