The mavens of mixes over at Get Physical are releasing their eighth installation of the Body Language series, this time featuring the trickery of Berlin's Modeselektor. Including tracks from sounds as seemingly disparate as electro-pop, dubstep, and Detroit techno, the duo continues to push electronic music forward, outside of boxes and genre tags. A U.S. Read more »
In 2008, Richie Hawtin's Minus label celebrated its 10th anniversary with a free-flowing, improvisatory audiovisual extravaganza known as Contakt, touring cities as disparate as Detroit, Tokyo, Amsterdam, and London. Now, those who weren't lucky enough to witness the show can go behind the scenes with a new documentary that details the joys and frustrations of coordinating and producing such a large-scale event. Read more »
Late October will see the release of the second Fuckypony album. Perhaps the most well-known alias of house mensch Jay Haze, Fuckpony shows the DJ-producer's more soulful side, with one eye on the dancefloor and the other on the bedroom. Let the Love Flow is 10-track journey coming directly from Haze's hand, eschewing samples entirely in favor of a more personal take on the Fuckpony sound. Read more »
- GearArtist Tips: Peter Van Hoesen on How to Listen More Effectively
- NewsRecondite Announces Upcoming LP for Innervisions, Streams New Track
- NewsSBTRKT Drops Video for "New Dorp. New York"
- MP3Clap! Clap! "Ashiko (Lurka Obeah Remix)"
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
XLR8R Downloads Player