Check Out Artwork for Battles' New Album, Stream First Single
- Words: Patric Fallon
Ever since the day we found out that New York cyborg-rock trio Battles was weeks away from dropping its sophomore album, Gloss Drop, we've not only wanted to hear what music it holds, but also see what kind of crazy visual art it will be packaged in. Now, we have a taste of both. The band just released the cover art for its second LP (pictured above), which is a photo of what looks to us like a massive blob of already-been-chewed bubble gum, though we welcome other suggestions of what it could be. And below, you can stream the first single from Battles' new album, a manic, quasi-tropical pop explosion called "Ice Cream" that features singer/producer Matias Aguayo front and center on vocal duties. If you pre-order Gloss Drop on Bleep now, you can also download the track immediately.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player