Deadbeat Launches Label, Preps New Album
- Words: Stefan Nickum
Once an integral force in helping solidify Montreal as an electronic music hub, and now an expat living in Berlin, minimal dub producer Deadbeat (a.k.a. Scott Monteith) was last in XLR8R's pages for an interview he did with fellow expat and techno-inspired producer Scuba. Nearly a year later, it seems that Berlin's musical hotbed has begun to work its way into a new chapter in Deadbeat's already-illustrious career. On June 20, Deadbeat will launch his BLKRTZ imprint with a new full-length, Drawn and Quartered, from Deadbeat himself. Monteith cites the closing of Pole’s legendary ~scape label as a major inspiration for BLKRTZ, saying, "I always saw ~scape as the natural home for a very important part of my work. Not necessarily the more listening side of things per se, but certainly the most unconcerned with genre or function... Though I’ll be concentrating on my own work for the first few releases, it’s my hope that BLKRTZ can serve a similarly honorable purpose in the years to come."
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- NewsDJ Sprinkles Plans Brief North American Tour
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsRoman Flügel Shares New Track from Upcoming LP
XLR8R Downloads Player