Help Javelin Make an "Epic Internet Western"
- Words: Patric Fallon
The obsessive dollar-bin diggers of lighthearted, sample-heavy dance jam duo Javelin have a brand-new project in the works. Following last year's highly enjoyable No Más LP, the Canyon Candy 10" is an offering of songs apparently inspired by American frontier life, which will also double as the soundtrack for an "epic internet western" that Javelin and director Mike Anderson need your help to create. Describing the project, the crew's Kickstarter page states, "Part poem, part play, a modern silent film wholly created on a soundstage...Canyon Candy will employ old studio western methods such as rear-projection, dioramas, and scenic matte painting to create a stunningly unorthodox visual rendering of the American West." We're not sure about you, but we'd love to see what that ends up looking like. So, if you feel inclined to help, you can head over here to donate to the project, for which you will be rewarded with any number of excellent items—like the official Canyon Candy Play Button, a DVD of the film, a chance to be chauffeured around NYC by Javelin, a private performance from Javelin, Executive Producer credits, and more. To learn more about the music and the flim, watch the trailer below. (via Altered Zones)
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player