Munchi Falls Ill on Tour, DJ Community Rushes to Help
- Words: Patric Fallon
While in Hawaii over two weeks ago, Dutch moombahton DJ/producer (and former Bubblin' subject) Munchi suffered a seizure caused by an intracerebral hemorrhage that hit the artist completely out of nowhere. He was subsequently rushed to the hospital, where he spent nine hours in a coma and 11 days in recovery. With medical, travel, and prescription bills piling up, a few of Munchi's DJ compatriots—Dave Nada, DJ Ayres and Tittsworth—decided to help. Vowing to match all donations, the trio set up a Help Munchi page on GiveLoop, and the money, much of it coming from the DJ community, quickly began to trickle in. Amazingly, many of the goals set early on have been met, but most of those estimates were overly conservative and help is very much still needed. Donations are still being accepted, and if you're looking to help out, we suggest giving to the General Donation category, so funds can be distributed to the necessary areas at will. While you're at it, remind yourself of why you're helping out Munchi in his time of need, and check out this remix Crookers did of his "Shottas" tune with Mr. Lexx, below.
- NewsStream Submerse's Upcoming Debut Full-Length, 'Slow Waves'
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
- NewsCheck Out Another Track from Rustie's Upcoming LP for Warp
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsRicardo Villalobos Readies 'Voodog' 12"; Preview It Now
XLR8R Downloads Player