Peter Hook, Basement Jaxx, 808 State to Play ‘Haçienda’ Show in Manchester to Aid Japan
- Words: Glenn Jackson
The people behind the legendary Haçienda club have been steadily keeping the party going around the world long after the club's original location saw its doors shut for good over a decade ago. When the crew's plans to bring the touring version of the Haçienda to the people of Japan were delayed due to the recent catastrophic events in that part of the world, they decided to put together a benefit show to take place at Sankeys in their hometown of Manchester on April 22. It certainly looks like they've put together quite the line-up with Basement Jaxx headlining amongst a sea of incredible names including New Order's Peter Hook, 808 State, recent Manchester break-outs Delphic, and legendary Haçienda regulars Jon Dasilva and Dave Haslam. Should prove to be quite the night, especially considering 100% of the proceeds will be donated to various disaster charities for the victims of the Japanese earthquake and tsunami. You can check the flier below and get more information on the night here.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
XLR8R Downloads Player