Peter Hook, Basement Jaxx, 808 State to Play ‘Haçienda’ Show in Manchester to Aid Japan
- Words: Glenn Jackson
The people behind the legendary Haçienda club have been steadily keeping the party going around the world long after the club's original location saw its doors shut for good over a decade ago. When the crew's plans to bring the touring version of the Haçienda to the people of Japan were delayed due to the recent catastrophic events in that part of the world, they decided to put together a benefit show to take place at Sankeys in their hometown of Manchester on April 22. It certainly looks like they've put together quite the line-up with Basement Jaxx headlining amongst a sea of incredible names including New Order's Peter Hook, 808 State, recent Manchester break-outs Delphic, and legendary Haçienda regulars Jon Dasilva and Dave Haslam. Should prove to be quite the night, especially considering 100% of the proceeds will be donated to various disaster charities for the victims of the Japanese earthquake and tsunami. You can check the flier below and get more information on the night here.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player