R.I.P. Korg Founder Tsutomu Katoh
- Words: Glenn Jackson
The man responsible for such classic instruments as the MS-20, the Elect-Tribe, the Mono/Poly, and the Triton among others, Korg's founder and chairman, Tsutomu Katoh, passed away Tuesday morning after a long battle with cancer. Korg's USA President had these esteemed words to say of Katoh: "Chairman Katoh was a true visionary and a personal friend, and he will be missed by everyone at Korg and indeed, the entire music industry. Over the past 20 years, I have witnessed firsthand the ways in which Korg has flourished under his and his family’s guidance and leadership. His passion and professional goals were one and the same: to provide innovative tools for musicians to help them grow their craft. And those goals remained the same throughout his life and career. He will be deeply missed."
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- NewsWatch the Video for Clark's "Riff Through the Fog"
XLR8R Downloads Player