SónarSound Tokyo Maintains Early April Schedule
- Words: Patric Fallon
When we reported on the forthcoming dates for the various Sónar festivals going on this year, it was immediately after disaster befell Japan, so we thought it likely that the festivities in Tokyo would be cancelled. It appears we were wrong. In a press release sent out today, the people at Sónar state, "The fourth SónarSound Tokyo is maintaining its schedule, and hopes to contribute to the recovery of normal life in the Japanese capital, and to pay tribute to the victims of the recent catastrophe." The artists still confirmed to perform are Flying Lotus (pictured above), Kode9, DJ Krush, Battles, Modeselektor, Hudson Mohawke, Mwëslee, Lunice, and many more. Sónar will also be donating 25% of the profits from tickets sold between March 23 and April 1 for Sónar Barcelona and Sónar Galicia to the Japanese Red Cross. Tickets can be purchased here and here.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player