SónarSound Tokyo Maintains Early April Schedule
- Words: Patric Fallon
When we reported on the forthcoming dates for the various Sónar festivals going on this year, it was immediately after disaster befell Japan, so we thought it likely that the festivities in Tokyo would be cancelled. It appears we were wrong. In a press release sent out today, the people at Sónar state, "The fourth SónarSound Tokyo is maintaining its schedule, and hopes to contribute to the recovery of normal life in the Japanese capital, and to pay tribute to the victims of the recent catastrophe." The artists still confirmed to perform are Flying Lotus (pictured above), Kode9, DJ Krush, Battles, Modeselektor, Hudson Mohawke, Mwëslee, Lunice, and many more. Sónar will also be donating 25% of the profits from tickets sold between March 23 and April 1 for Sónar Barcelona and Sónar Galicia to the Japanese Red Cross. Tickets can be purchased here and here.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player