Stream the new Melé EP on Grizzly
- Words: Shawn Reynaldo
Sinden's Grizzly label certainly has picked up steam in recent months, as the young imprint is getting ready to drop its third release of 2011. The latest offering comes from UK youngster Melé (a.k.a. Krissy Peers), an 18-year-old producer who has already made waves with previous releases on the Mixpak and Sound of Sumo labels. His new EP, Mugged, finds the young man melding together grime, house, UK funky, garage, dubstep, and more into a high-energy, rave-minded concoction. The five-track EP also features remixes from Sinden and Bristol-based low-end manipulator Mensah. Mugged doesn't come out until next week, but you can check out the artwork and stream the entire thing below.
The XLR8R Music Player requires Adobe Flash Player version 9 or later.
Click here to install.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player