Video Premiere: Taragana Pyjarama "Girls"
- Words: Patric Fallon
You might remember Danish duo Taragana Pyjarama from this vibrant micro-techno track we offered near the beginning of the month. That tune comes from the outfit's just-released self-titled EP, as does the buoyant dance production "Girls," which is paired with the colorful video piece above. Director Emmanuel Beaudry edits together flickering visuals of two seasonal extremes—winter and summer—along with shapeshifting, kaleidoscopic patterns, to conjure the kind of nostalgia that tends to bubble up around both times of the year. Instead of a linear narrative to tell the story, Beaudry paints an unspecific picture with Nicolas Lachapelle's handheld camera work that's as lovely and romantic as Taragana Pyjarama's song.
- NewsWatch a Documentary on the Club Music Culture of Colombia's Caribbean Coast
- NewsWatch a Live Performance of Jacques Greene's New Single
- GearIn the Studio: Surgeon
- GearKuvo: What Is It, How Does It Work, and Is It a Good Idea? (a.k.a. an XLR8R Interview with Pioneer About Its Newest Product)
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Surgeon, Jackmaster, John Talabot, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player