Video Premiere: Taragana Pyjarama "Girls"
- Words: Patric Fallon
You might remember Danish duo Taragana Pyjarama from this vibrant micro-techno track we offered near the beginning of the month. That tune comes from the outfit's just-released self-titled EP, as does the buoyant dance production "Girls," which is paired with the colorful video piece above. Director Emmanuel Beaudry edits together flickering visuals of two seasonal extremes—winter and summer—along with shapeshifting, kaleidoscopic patterns, to conjure the kind of nostalgia that tends to bubble up around both times of the year. Instead of a linear narrative to tell the story, Beaudry paints an unspecific picture with Nicolas Lachapelle's handheld camera work that's as lovely and romantic as Taragana Pyjarama's song.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player