Video: Tommy Four Seven "G"
- Words: Patric Fallon
Primate, the debut album to come from Berlin-based sound artist Tommy Four Seven (out at the end of this month via CLR), takes an interesting and relatively fresh approach to the well-traversed genre of techno. The up-and-coming producer forwent the usual course of re-working drum samples and handmade synth tones to flesh out his compositions, and instead created his own library of sounds, which was built from field recordings made throughout his daily life and intricately crafted vocal melodies. Here, we have the vaguely dystopic video for one such piece, called "G." The clip is the brainchild of filmmakers Trevor Jacobson and Tanya Goehring (a.k.a. The Automatic Message), and features a man who seems to be inexplicably drawn to a sort of bus shelter filled with civilians donning a variety of gas masks. We really can't explain much more than that, but we can say the bleak, impressionistic nature of the video fits quite well with Tommy Four Seven's brooding and disquieting music. You can check out the artwork and tracklist for Primate below.
05. Track 5
09. Armed 3
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player