Experience Slava's Live Audio/Visual Performance "Ocean Friend"
- Words: Patric Fallon
- Photo: Christopher N. Thomopoulos
Brooklyn electronic music experimentalist Slava—who you may remember from this post a couple of months back—recently performed a sort of free-form ambient set at the Rodan space, which has since made its way onto the internet in a number of different forms. Dubbed "Ocean Friend," the live set can experienced in three different ways: a 39-minute audio track, a 12-minute video excerpt of the show, and an all-inclusive website that virtually recreates Slava's whole performance (save for the being able to see the man behind the curtain work his magic). You can delve into the "Ocean Friend" experience here, and check out the video snippet and live audio recording below. If you want to see what the artist will do for his next performance, don't miss him next Friday, April 8, at Shea Stadium in Brooklyn.
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player