Matmos, Christopher Willits, and Nate Boyce Set to Release Collaborative EP
Before departing for the complete opposite coast of the continental United States, the formerly San Francisco-based duo Matmos (pictured above) had joined forces with SF's resident blissful guitar manipulator Christopher Willits and local videographer/musician Nate Boyce for an "expectation-less" collaboration of sorts. As one would imagine, the resulting four tracks are a glistening mix of leftfield electronics and dense soundscapes that are now set to see their release as an EP from Willits' own Overlap imprint. This current mix of musicians, simply deemed Boyce + Matmos + Willits, are no strangers to working together, having already contributed, along with Zach Hill and Carson McWhirter, to another EP for Overlap back in 2009 as Flossin. The newest result from these adventurous sonic manipulators, entitled Subconscious Attraction Strategies, will be released April 26. You can check the artwork below.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with DVS1, Aphex Twin, Dntel, and More
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player