New Marble Imprint to Release First Single
- Words: Patric Fallon
We told you about the brand-new label formed by DJs/producers Para One, Surkin, and Bombo, called Marble, just last month, and now we bring you news of that burgeoning imprint's first release, a collaborative two-song 12" single (pictured above) from the label heads. Collectively, the trio calls itself Marble Players, the moniker under which the "Marble Anthem" and "Playground" tunes were produced in the label's studio in Paris. The outfit's creative process for the tracks was described as "Bobmo coming up with a vocal digital sample, then Para replaying it on his SP12, then giving it back to Surkin so he can add his own Reason-based beats." Look for both skittering, playful future-house tunes on April 11, and listen to snippets of each before then, below.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsHear a New Remix from Joy Orbison
- NewsSBTRKT Releases Interactive Video for "Look Away"
- NewsStream a Track from Locked Groove's Upcoming EP
- GearArtist Tips: Addison Groove Shares Five of His Production Secrets
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player