Paul Kalkbrenner Readies New Album For June
Berlin's veteran melodic techno producer and sometimes-actor Paul Kalkbrenner has announced that he will release his fifth album to date, Icke Wieder, this June. The forthcoming LP (to be released via Kalkbrenner's own label in the US and the Rough Trade imprint everywhere else) marks the German producer's first full-length release since his widely heralded soundtrack for the 2008 film Berlin Calling, which not only featured the musical stylings of Kalkbrenner but also served as his acting debut. With a history of productions spanning the better part of the last two decades, most notably for Ellen Allien's BPitch Control imprint, Kalkbrenner still seems to be nowhere near slowing down, further evidenced by the fact that he has a slew of festival dates lined up to coincide with the release of his newest LP, including performances at Sonar, Melt!, Exit, and Detroit's Movement Festival. You can check the artwork and tracklist for Icke Wieder below.
01. Böxig Leise
02. Gutes Nitzwerk
05. Kleines Bubu
06. Des Stabes Reuse
07. Sagte Der Bär
10. Der Breuzen
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player