Plastikman, Chancha Via Circuito, Pole, ARP, and More Added to Mutek 2011 Line-Up
Mutek, Montreal's preeminent forward-thinking electronic music festival, has announced that the illustrious techno figure Richie Hawtin will be returning to his former country (as most people know, the now Berlin-based producer/DJ spent his formative years in Canada) for a live performance as his darker Plastikman project (pictured above). Joining the previously announced portion of Mutek 2011's stellar line-up (including the likes of Four Tet, Jacques Greene, Siriusmo, Gold Panda, Falty DL, and more) comes a second wave of impressive performers such as Beunos Aries' Sol Del Rio and Chancha Via Circuito, dub-techno veteran Pole, avant-garde electronic musician Badawi, analog synth-scaper ARP, and Mexican ambient producer Murcof, amongst others. Which is to say, the five-day festival has found no problems in once again bringing together some of the biggest names in electronic music for what should prove to be a host of incredible shows. For the full list of participating artists and events to take place as part of Mutek from June 1-5, head here.
- NewsSteffi and Martyn Announce Collaborative EP as Doms & Deykers
- NewsAirhead Preps New Single for Hemlock
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- NewsRoman Flügel Shares New Track from Upcoming LP
XLR8R Downloads Player