Plastikman, Chancha Via Circuito, Pole, ARP, and More Added to Mutek 2011 Line-Up
Mutek, Montreal's preeminent forward-thinking electronic music festival, has announced that the illustrious techno figure Richie Hawtin will be returning to his former country (as most people know, the now Berlin-based producer/DJ spent his formative years in Canada) for a live performance as his darker Plastikman project (pictured above). Joining the previously announced portion of Mutek 2011's stellar line-up (including the likes of Four Tet, Jacques Greene, Siriusmo, Gold Panda, Falty DL, and more) comes a second wave of impressive performers such as Beunos Aries' Sol Del Rio and Chancha Via Circuito, dub-techno veteran Pole, avant-garde electronic musician Badawi, analog synth-scaper ARP, and Mexican ambient producer Murcof, amongst others. Which is to say, the five-day festival has found no problems in once again bringing together some of the biggest names in electronic music for what should prove to be a host of incredible shows. For the full list of participating artists and events to take place as part of Mutek from June 1-5, head here.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player