Plastikman, Chancha Via Circuito, Pole, ARP, and More Added to Mutek 2011 Line-Up
Mutek, Montreal's preeminent forward-thinking electronic music festival, has announced that the illustrious techno figure Richie Hawtin will be returning to his former country (as most people know, the now Berlin-based producer/DJ spent his formative years in Canada) for a live performance as his darker Plastikman project (pictured above). Joining the previously announced portion of Mutek 2011's stellar line-up (including the likes of Four Tet, Jacques Greene, Siriusmo, Gold Panda, Falty DL, and more) comes a second wave of impressive performers such as Beunos Aries' Sol Del Rio and Chancha Via Circuito, dub-techno veteran Pole, avant-garde electronic musician Badawi, analog synth-scaper ARP, and Mexican ambient producer Murcof, amongst others. Which is to say, the five-day festival has found no problems in once again bringing together some of the biggest names in electronic music for what should prove to be a host of incredible shows. For the full list of participating artists and events to take place as part of Mutek from June 1-5, head here.
- NewsWatch the Video for Clark's "Riff Through the Fog"
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
- NewsMaya Jane Coles to Helm Next Fabric Mix Album
XLR8R Downloads Player