Plastikman, Chancha Via Circuito, Pole, ARP, and More Added to Mutek 2011 Line-Up
Mutek, Montreal's preeminent forward-thinking electronic music festival, has announced that the illustrious techno figure Richie Hawtin will be returning to his former country (as most people know, the now Berlin-based producer/DJ spent his formative years in Canada) for a live performance as his darker Plastikman project (pictured above). Joining the previously announced portion of Mutek 2011's stellar line-up (including the likes of Four Tet, Jacques Greene, Siriusmo, Gold Panda, Falty DL, and more) comes a second wave of impressive performers such as Beunos Aries' Sol Del Rio and Chancha Via Circuito, dub-techno veteran Pole, avant-garde electronic musician Badawi, analog synth-scaper ARP, and Mexican ambient producer Murcof, amongst others. Which is to say, the five-day festival has found no problems in once again bringing together some of the biggest names in electronic music for what should prove to be a host of incredible shows. For the full list of participating artists and events to take place as part of Mutek from June 1-5, head here.
- FeatureLabels You Love: The Top 20 Labels, As Voted by XLR8R Readers
- NewsLegowelt and Willie Burns Launch Bizarre Online TV Show; Watch the First Episode Now
- NewsCheck Out a New Mix from Mount Kimbie
- NewsListen to Huxley's Upcoming Debut LP, 'Blurred'
- FeatureLabels We Love: 10 More of Our Favorite Labels, Plus Some Newcomers Worth Watching
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
- October 20: MUTEK.MX with Andy Stott, The Bug, Roman Flügel, Objekt, Laurel Halo, Oneohtrix Point Never, and More
- November 5: Club to Club with Caribou, SBTRKT, Recondite, Marcel Dettmann, Clark, Vessel, Luke Vibert, Jacques Greene, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player