Rush Hour to Release Chicago House Compilation
- Words: Patric Fallon
Another great compilation of classic dance tunes is on its way from Amsterdam electronic music hub Rush Hour, a 14-song release called Gene Hunt Presents: Chicago Dance Tracks Vol. 1 (pictured above). Curated from the reel-to-reel archives of DJ/producer Gene Hunt, the compilation features all unreleased material written between 1982 and 1989 from the likes of Mr. Fingers, Larry Heard, Virgo Four, Steve Silk Hurley, Fingers Inc., and more. Rush Hour will drop the collection of never-before-heard music on CD and double-LP formats on May 16, but is offering a sneak peak of the music to tide us over until then. You can check out those snippets in the player below.
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player