Stones Throw Celebrates Its 15th Anniversary with Free Shows Recorded Directly to Vinyl
- Words: Shawn Reynaldo
The venerable Stones Throw imprint is in the midst of its 15-year anniversary, and the always-creative LA label has cooked up a rather unique way to celebrate. Beginning next Thursday, April 14, Stones Throw will be hosting a series of free, invite-only live shows where artists will be recording directly to vinyl. That's not a misprint. These performances aren't going to be recorded digitally or onto tape and then pressed up on vinyl later. The recordings are going straight to wax, in real time, at the Capsule Labs studio and pressing plant in Los Angeles.
The first show, dubbed Stones Throw Direct-to-Disc #1, is happening on Thursday, April 14 and will feature Mayer Hawthorne & The County, jazz band Rick, and DJ sets from Peanut Butter Wolf. Tickets will not be sold to this invite-only event, but will be given away this month via the label's Twitter and Facebook. That means all the Stones Throw diehards out there had better come correct with their social networking game.
Look for more shows to be announced in the future, but in the meantime check the flyer for Stones Throw Direct-to-Disc #1 below.
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsThe Great American Techno Festival Announces Dates and Initial Line-Up
- FeatureXLR8R's Top 20 Downloads of July
- NewsR&S Readies Debut Outing from Alma Construct, Streams Lead Track
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with FaltyDL, Dekmantel, Randomer, and More
- XLR8R's Top 20 Downloads of July
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
XLR8R Downloads Player