Video: Blondes "Hater"
- Words: Patric Fallon
As we reported several months ago, the Brooklyn-based analog obsessives of Blondes are releasing a series of 12" EPs on the RVNG label this year, a run which kicked off with the "Lover" b/w "Hater" record. Here, we have a music video for the b-side of that 12", an "analog video synthesis" created by Phil Logan. The piece swirls and flickers much like the duo's track itself; each pattern of light constantly shapeshifts in the dark like some sort of homemade proto-screen saver. However, Logan's video has much more substance to it than an endless loop of abstract images on your computer screen. The visuals seem to dance along with Blondes' music, as if we're seeing a manifestation of the innerworkings of each machine that helped create "Hater." The NYC outfit will bring these same engrossing dancefloor sounds to San Francisco's Donuts party on Saturday, April 30, the details of which you can check out here. (via Interview)
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to a New Track from Teebs' Upcoming Sophomore LP
XLR8R Downloads Player