Video: Blondes "Hater"
- Words: Patric Fallon
As we reported several months ago, the Brooklyn-based analog obsessives of Blondes are releasing a series of 12" EPs on the RVNG label this year, a run which kicked off with the "Lover" b/w "Hater" record. Here, we have a music video for the b-side of that 12", an "analog video synthesis" created by Phil Logan. The piece swirls and flickers much like the duo's track itself; each pattern of light constantly shapeshifts in the dark like some sort of homemade proto-screen saver. However, Logan's video has much more substance to it than an endless loop of abstract images on your computer screen. The visuals seem to dance along with Blondes' music, as if we're seeing a manifestation of the innerworkings of each machine that helped create "Hater." The NYC outfit will bring these same engrossing dancefloor sounds to San Francisco's Donuts party on Saturday, April 30, the details of which you can check out here. (via Interview)
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Tycho
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player