Video: Blondes "Hater"
- Words: Patric Fallon
As we reported several months ago, the Brooklyn-based analog obsessives of Blondes are releasing a series of 12" EPs on the RVNG label this year, a run which kicked off with the "Lover" b/w "Hater" record. Here, we have a music video for the b-side of that 12", an "analog video synthesis" created by Phil Logan. The piece swirls and flickers much like the duo's track itself; each pattern of light constantly shapeshifts in the dark like some sort of homemade proto-screen saver. However, Logan's video has much more substance to it than an endless loop of abstract images on your computer screen. The visuals seem to dance along with Blondes' music, as if we're seeing a manifestation of the innerworkings of each machine that helped create "Hater." The NYC outfit will bring these same engrossing dancefloor sounds to San Francisco's Donuts party on Saturday, April 30, the details of which you can check out here. (via Interview)
- MP3GL "Won't You See (Gerd Janson Dub Mix)"
- NewsWolfgang Voigt Pays Tribute to the Roland 303 for Kompakt's 303rd Release
- NewsLeon Vynehall Shares Mesmerizing New Video, Announces North American Tour
- NewsGhostly Artists Soundtrack Upcoming Videogame; Hear New Tracks from Shigeto, Matthew Dear, and More
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- Record Store Week: Co-Op 87
XLR8R Downloads Player