Video: John Maus "Believer"
- Words: Glenn Jackson
Minnesota's preeminent purveyor of retro-tinged bliss pop, John Maus, has dropped a video for "Believer," the closing track from his forthcoming full-length, We Must Become the Pitiless Censors of Ourselves. The heavenly, vastly expansive tune is matched by a similarly dense layering of abstract and psychedelic images to stunning effect. And for those seeking more Maus-related video, we've dug up an XLR8R TV episode from the 2008 vaults, which features the weirdo-pop craftsman waxing philosophical on his music, lyrics, and the like.
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- MP3Astronomar "Gargoile (Massacooramaan Remix)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player