Video: Onra "Sitting Back"
- Words: Patric Fallon
In a fitting collaboration of sights and sounds, "Sitting Back," a slick dance jam taken from the Long Distance LP by French '80s-funk obsessive Onra, is treated to a similarly retro-centric music video by director Matt Ferran. Apparently, Ferran "sampled from [his] collection of obscure '80s videos and a few internet clips" to craft this piece, which leans heavy on the lo-fi VHS style that's been quite popular as of late. Onra's video is a bit more unique, however, thanks to the director's subtle and fitting use of visual effects, strong attention paid to continuity, and incorporation of both vintage and recent footage in a fluid way. After watching the video for "Sitting Back" a couple times through, we're pretty sure this is the best way to visualize Onra's nostalgic sounds.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player