Video: Teams vs. Star Slinger "Close to Me"
- Words: Patric Fallon
According to a study by Professor Steven Reiss, there are about 16 basic desires that drive all human behavior. Even though just a small handful of those motives could be relevant to any given situation, it's never all that easy to deduce which of those 16 desires is inhabiting the person you're interacting with. And as this video for "Close to Me," a collaborative tune from Teams' and Star Slinger's new LP on Mexican Summer, shows, it's even harder to tell with aliens. Director Jordan Kim presents the story of a lone girl reading in a coffee shop who rushes out of the establishment after a little green man in a trenchcoat winks at her—leaving her keys behind. The alien rushes after her, seemingly interested in returning the lost item to the hapless young lady; then things start to get really interesting. Watch the whole story unfold up top, and check out a fresh mix Star Slinger just did to promote his upcoming performance at London's Fabric club next Thursday, April 21, here.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player