Forest Swords to Re-Release First EP to Benefit Japan
- Words: Patric Fallon
We'll admit it: When the UK's enigmatic Forest Swords project dropped its dystopic, lo-fi opus Dagger Paths last year, we weren't exactly first to embrace its jangly vibes, but we did manage to fall in love with those six melancholic tracks in time to add the record to our Honorable Mentions of 2010 list. Now, you can count us among the growing mass of listeners fiending for whatever comes next from Forest Swords, a small taste of which just arrived today. On June 20, London imprint No Pain in Pop will re-release six remastered demo tracks that were previously only available as a limited CD-R, calling it the Fjree Feather EP. All proceeds from that release will go to benefit the Japanese Red Cross and its tsunami recovery efforts. Pre-orders for Forest Swords' reissued EP on (limited-edition white) vinyl, and all digital purchases, can be made here. We've also embedded two of Fjree Feather's tunes for you to stream, below.
"Trust Your Blood"
- GearKuvo: What Is It, How Does It Work, and Is It a Good Idea? (a.k.a. an XLR8R Interview with Pioneer About Its Newest Product)
- GearAsk the Experts: Vladislav Delay
- GearIn the Studio: Surgeon
- NewsWatch a Documentary on the Club Music Culture of Colombia's Caribbean Coast
- NewsListen to a New Mix from Lucrecia Dalt
XLR8R Downloads Player