Grab a Hip-Hop Mix From How to Dress Well
- Words: Patric Fallon
Whenever the bandied-about name How to Dress Well is dropped, two specific genres—lo-fi indie and R&B, for the most part—quickly come to mind, but we still think it'd be safe to assume singer/producer Tom Krell knows a thing or two about hip-hop, as well. With this lengthy mix he recently shared on Altered Zones, the artist proves us right. Below, you can check out a stellar, hour-long DJ set of tweaked club music by How to Dress Well, called No Reason Not 2 Rite, which includes subtly reworked jams from Soulja Boy Tell 'Em, Beyoncé, Diddy Dirty Money, Deadboy, Chris Brown, Crime Mob, and something called "Dipset Trance," among other tunes.
01 Diddy Dirty Money: "Your Love"
02 N-Zo & DJ Invincible: "Red 5"
03 Seany Mac: "One Of Those Days"
04 Beyoncé: "Halo (HTDW Speedup)"
05 Love Nation: "Musical Foundations"
06 Travis Porter: "Bring It Back"
07 Ace Hood: "Hustle Hard (Remix)"
08 Soulja Boy Tell 'Em: "LEMME FUCK"
09 Dipset Trance
10 Deadboy: "Way That I Luv U"
11 Panteros666: "X Lova"
12 Chris Brown: "Beautiful People"
13 DJ Ham: "Most Uplifting"
14 Dipset Trance
15 Crime Mob: "Ellenwood Area"
16 Yung Bizz: "Bubble Gum"
17 Rebel Alliance: "Sometimes"
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- NewsListen to Another Track from Flying Lotus' 'You're Dead!' LP
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player