The Bug and Flowdan Contribute to Greensleeves' Dubstep Remixes
Do you often find yourself lamenting the absence of dub in your dubstep? If you do, then we might suggest worrying about more serious things, because Greensleeves is coming to your rescue. The seminal reggae/dancehall label has opened up its massive vaults and hired some of dubstep's most in-demand producers to offer up fresh takes on proven classics. Observant readers will note that the project is already under way, with a couple remixes out and floating in cyberspace, such as Horsepower Productions' remix of Yellowman's "Zungguzungguguzungguzeng" and Coki from Digital Mystikz's remix of Busy Signal and Mavado's "Badman Place." Next up for the series is The Bug (pictured above) and Flowdan re-interpreting Ding Dong's seminal modern dancehall joint, "Badman Forward, Badman Pull Up," which comes out at the end of June. The whole project will eventually be compiled on CD in September, but in the meantime stay on the lookout for vinyl releases of remixes from the likes of Mala, V.I.V.E.K., Cluekid, Kalbata, and others, and check The Bug and Flowdan remix artwork below.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player