The Bug and Flowdan Contribute to Greensleeves' Dubstep Remixes
Do you often find yourself lamenting the absence of dub in your dubstep? If you do, then we might suggest worrying about more serious things, because Greensleeves is coming to your rescue. The seminal reggae/dancehall label has opened up its massive vaults and hired some of dubstep's most in-demand producers to offer up fresh takes on proven classics. Observant readers will note that the project is already under way, with a couple remixes out and floating in cyberspace, such as Horsepower Productions' remix of Yellowman's "Zungguzungguguzungguzeng" and Coki from Digital Mystikz's remix of Busy Signal and Mavado's "Badman Place." Next up for the series is The Bug (pictured above) and Flowdan re-interpreting Ding Dong's seminal modern dancehall joint, "Badman Forward, Badman Pull Up," which comes out at the end of June. The whole project will eventually be compiled on CD in September, but in the meantime stay on the lookout for vinyl releases of remixes from the likes of Mala, V.I.V.E.K., Cluekid, Kalbata, and others, and check The Bug and Flowdan remix artwork below.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
XLR8R Downloads Player