Jimmy Edgar, Pantha Du Prince, Mount Kimbie to Play Berlin Festival
The 48 hours of Teutonic madness officially known as the Berlin Festival has announced its 2011 return, slated for September 9 and 10, with a preliminary lineup that includes a solid roster of forward-thinking artists. Among the announced are acts as diverse as Hercules and Love Affair, Jimmy Edgar (pictured above), Mount Kimbie, Pantha du Prince, Diplo, HEALTH, and more. While historically taking place at the abandoned Tempelhof airfield, this year will be exceptional, in that it will be the first Berlin Festival to include all-night venues in the city center as a part of the package. Tickets, which retail for 89 euros, can be purchased here, where you'll also find a full schedule of performers.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player