Listen to the Paul Woolford Remix of T. Williams' "Heartbeat" on Local Action
- Words: Shawn Reynaldo
Every since London's Local Action imprint dropped T. Williams' "Heartbeat" single late last year, we've had a hard time not listening to it repeatedly, particularly the ace Mosca remix. (In case you missed it, we posted a stream of the entire 12" on the day of its release.) Apparently, we weren't alone in our love for the record, as veteran UK producer Paul Woolford recently hit up Local Action out of the blue asking for the opportunity to take his own pass at the track. Seeing the light of day this week as the imprint's first white label release, Woolford's lengthy rework is streaming below. Although topping the original "Heartbeat" 12" might very well be impossible, Woolford's version undeniably breathes a bit of new life into the song, punching up its relaxed feel with some thumping bass stabs and crunchy house synths, giving the track a sharper edge than before. The 12" also includes an instrumental version of "Heartbeat," which was previously only available digitally.
The XLR8R Music Player requires Adobe Flash Player version 9 or later.
Click here to install.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- MP3Shiva "Dark Moon"
- MP3Astronomar "Gargoile (Massacooramaan Remix)"
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player