LOL Boys to Release New EP on Palms Out Sounds
- Words: Derek Opperman
The internet—is there anything it can't do? From facilitating long-distance pizza delivery to providing easier access to esoteric niche porn, it's truly the be-all-end-all of communication technology. Just ask Marcus Garcia and Jerome Potter (a.k.a. LOL Boys), the transnational dancefloor upstarts who owe the genesis of their collaboration to a chance encounter in cyberspace. With a strong debut on Palms Out Sounds and last month's follow-up on Discobelle, it should come as no surprise that they're moving forward while still keeping in touch with their digital roots. For LDR, their third release, a nine-track EP, they're returning to Palms Out Sounds to drop some seriously funky bass music, with remix support from the likes of Nguzunguzu, Marcus Price, and Jim-E Stack. The EP comes out May 24, but you can check out the album art, tracklist, and streaming preview of it below.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player