Mathew Jonson Returns to Minus for New EP
It's been seven years since Vancouver-born, Berlin-based Mathew Jonson released his first EP for Richie Hawtin's Minus imprint, Decompression, and he's about to make his return to the label with an EP entitled Learning to Fly. The record's title track is a 12-minute sci-fi techno cruiser, replete with Jonson's punchy percussion and melodic synth lines, and is rounded out on the b-side with another dub of the track. "For me this piece reflects clarity and harmony," says Jonson of the release. "Richie Hawtin is someone who has always inspired me to take my work to new levels, so it's fitting that Learning to Fly will be released on Minus." The EP comes out June 13 on vinyl, and digitally on June 15, but until then you can check out "Decompression" below.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player