Mathew Jonson Returns to Minus for New EP
It's been seven years since Vancouver-born, Berlin-based Mathew Jonson released his first EP for Richie Hawtin's Minus imprint, Decompression, and he's about to make his return to the label with an EP entitled Learning to Fly. The record's title track is a 12-minute sci-fi techno cruiser, replete with Jonson's punchy percussion and melodic synth lines, and is rounded out on the b-side with another dub of the track. "For me this piece reflects clarity and harmony," says Jonson of the release. "Richie Hawtin is someone who has always inspired me to take my work to new levels, so it's fitting that Learning to Fly will be released on Minus." The EP comes out June 13 on vinyl, and digitally on June 15, but until then you can check out "Decompression" below.
- NewsCheck Out Caribou's 'Essential Mix' for BBC Radio 1
- NewsStream a New Track from Om Unit's Upcoming EP for Metalheadz
- NewsListen to Slam's Upcoming 'Reverse Proceed' LP for Soma
- FeatureLabels You Love: The Top 20 Labels, As Voted by XLR8R Readers
- FeatureGetting Down, Biking Around, and Reveling in the Final Days of Trouw: Reflections on ADE 2014
XLR8R Downloads Player