Nicolas Jaar's Clown and Sunset Announces Latest Release From Valentin Stip
Now onto its sixth release, Nicolas Jaar's (pictured above) personal imprint, Clown and Sunset, has established itself as a respected disseminator of quirky downtempo house music (much like the sounds heard on the podcast Jaar did for XLR8R earlier this year). With Anytime Will Do, the debut EP from Valentin Stip, the label adds a fresh new face to its roster that slots in nicely with the label's intimate aesthetic. Hailing from Montreal, Stip is a 19-year-old, classically schooled pianist who recently turned his attention away from training for the concert circuit and towards electronic experimentation. The result is muted and thoughtful sound that blends Stip's piano work floating on top of a bedrock collage of found sounds. You can check out the artwork and tracklist for the Anytime Will Do EP, which will be out May 31, below.
A1 Anytime Will Do
A2 Le Dormeur
B1 Gravels (1 et 2)
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
XLR8R Downloads Player