Ramp Launches New Sublabel, Readies New 12" by Presk
- Words: Patric Fallon
One of the UK's many finely curated electronic music hubs, Ramp, has just announced it will add another sublabel to its stable of imprints. In addition to the already established PTN, Fourth Wave will join the Ramp family with the release of its first record, a two-track 12" by Amsterdam-based producer Presk. "and Cut" b/w "Mold"—which is described as "heartfelt bass music, fusing elements of techno, dubstep, and UK funky," and which you can preview below—is the artist's debut release, and will drop on June 20. Fourth Wave also announced it will soon follow this release with a record from British house patron Gerry Read.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player