Video: Brenmar "Taking it Down"
- Words: Patric Fallon
Our very first taste of the debut EP by Brooklyn DJ/producer Brenmar, At It Again, was the bouncing, Marques Houston-sampling "Taking it Down," which is also apparently the first of his tracks to get an official music video. This flashy piece was filmed over at the tunesmith's favorite neighborhood barbershop, Quickcuts, by director Pamela Tietze, and portrays what might possibly be the coolest haircut we've ever seen. After walking into the bustling establishment, Brenmar takes a seat in the stool, and proceeds to get a trim and a shave from the lovely dancing barber. Then there's a mini-rave. All in all, it's pretty rad, and we expect things to be at least half as fun when the DJ/producer takes his show on the road in Europe during May and June. You can check out that list of dates below.
5-24-11 Thekla (Bristol)
5-27-11 Muffin Muffin @ Meet Factory (Prague)
5-28-11 Stealth VS Rescue Rooms (Nottingham)
5-29-11 Get Me @ Shacklewell Arms (London)
5-31-11 Bigger than Barry @ Mint (Leeds)
6-01-11 Get Wavey @ Magnet (Berlin)
6-02-11 Social Club (Paris)
6-03-11 Fugazi (Oslo)
6-04-11 The Tube (Brighton)
6-08-11 Sneaky Pete’s (Edinburgh)
6-09-11 Deadly @ TBA (London)
6-10-11 RAUW @ Trouw (Amsterdam)
6-11-11 RAUW @ Tivoli (Utrecht)
6-12-11 Club 3001 (Dusseldorf)
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player