Video: Creep "You (feat. Nina Sky)"
- Words: Patric Fallon
Brooklyn's Creep, the dark-pop duo of Lauren Flax and Lauren Dillard, just unveiled its latest tune, an R&B-infused slow jam featuring soulful vocals from identical twin sisters Nina Sky. The unlikely musical pairing works surprisingly well on "You," and is bolstered here by a slick and simple music video courtesy of director Thalia Mavros. The black-and-white piece is something of a mix between Calvin Klein fragrance commercials and The Shining—complete with sultry close-ups and twins standing in hallways. With this new collaborative track now under Creep's belt—not to mention its first single, "Days" with Romy Madley-Croft of The xx on vocals—one can only wonder what other gothy beats and high-profile singers will be included on the duo's impending full-length.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with DVS1, Aphex Twin, Dntel, and More
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player