Video: Groundislava "A Grass Day"
- Words: Shawn Reynaldo
For most musicians—hell, for most people—the idea of their dad getting involved with their work basically sounds like a total nightmare. But LA-based producer Groundislava doesn't have the average dad. His father, Michael Patterson, was the brains behind classic '80s videos like A-Ha's "Take on Me" and Paul Abdul's "Opposites Attract," and now he's lent his animation skills to his son's latest clip, "A Grass Day." It's a safe bet this clip won't be taking over MTV, but the squiggly lines and ever-shifting man in a top hat nicely accompany the song's warbling melodies and stuttering beat work. Groundislava's self-titled album is out now on Friends of Friends, an LA-based label that will soon be celebrating its second anniversary with a show on June 18 at the Echoplex featuring Shlohmo, Salva, Mexican with Guns, and more. Check the flyer below for all the details.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player