Video: Groundislava "A Grass Day"
- Words: Shawn Reynaldo
For most musicians—hell, for most people—the idea of their dad getting involved with their work basically sounds like a total nightmare. But LA-based producer Groundislava doesn't have the average dad. His father, Michael Patterson, was the brains behind classic '80s videos like A-Ha's "Take on Me" and Paul Abdul's "Opposites Attract," and now he's lent his animation skills to his son's latest clip, "A Grass Day." It's a safe bet this clip won't be taking over MTV, but the squiggly lines and ever-shifting man in a top hat nicely accompany the song's warbling melodies and stuttering beat work. Groundislava's self-titled album is out now on Friends of Friends, an LA-based label that will soon be celebrating its second anniversary with a show on June 18 at the Echoplex featuring Shlohmo, Salva, Mexican with Guns, and more. Check the flyer below for all the details.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player