Video: Groundislava "A Grass Day"
- Words: Shawn Reynaldo
For most musicians—hell, for most people—the idea of their dad getting involved with their work basically sounds like a total nightmare. But LA-based producer Groundislava doesn't have the average dad. His father, Michael Patterson, was the brains behind classic '80s videos like A-Ha's "Take on Me" and Paul Abdul's "Opposites Attract," and now he's lent his animation skills to his son's latest clip, "A Grass Day." It's a safe bet this clip won't be taking over MTV, but the squiggly lines and ever-shifting man in a top hat nicely accompany the song's warbling melodies and stuttering beat work. Groundislava's self-titled album is out now on Friends of Friends, an LA-based label that will soon be celebrating its second anniversary with a show on June 18 at the Echoplex featuring Shlohmo, Salva, Mexican with Guns, and more. Check the flyer below for all the details.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player